Here are some good reasons:
- The problem will get worse. Once a slab is cracked and sinking, it simply won’t get better with time. In fact, it only gets worse, and as it gets worse, guess what? The solution costs more.
- Resale value. Who wants to buy a house with an unlevel driveway, a stoop pulling away from the house, or floors that are cracked and sinking? Nobody.
- Appearance. Concrete that is out of level can often cause ugly cracks not only on the slab itself, but also in any structure that is resting on top of that slab. That means cracks in brick, drywall, plaster, or any other material the structure is made from.
- Safety. Have you ever taken a walk on a sidewalk and tripped over a section of concrete that was a different level than the rest? Those trip hazards can be dangerous and open you up to unwanted liability.
- Water intrusion. Cracks in a concrete slab allow elements from the outside, inside. Cracks let in water, or at the very least moisture, which can damage your living space in a variety of ways.
- Pooling water. As concrete cracks and settles, it creates a perfect environment for water to pool, and what happens to that pooled water when it becomes colder outside? That’s right, ice forms, causing more safety concerns.
- Structural damage. As a concrete slab begins to crack and settle, the structure above will crack and settle as well. This can cause doors to stick, windows to bind, and other structural damages throughout your home.
Sometimes when we live with a problem long enough, we can almost forget that it’s there. But make no mistake, concrete that is out of level won’t fix itself, and over time the additional problems and damages become more and more serious and costly. Doesn’t it make sense to fix it now?
At Ohio Basement Systems we are here to give you peace of mind! We can help bring those sinking, uneven concrete slabs back to where they should be so that you don’t have to worry about them anymore! If you’re interested in having your concrete leveled and repaired in the Greater Cleveland area, contact the basement finishing experts at Ohio Basement Systems. Using state-of-the-art PolyRenewal system, owners Mike and Gayle Rusk and their experienced crew can quickly transform your sinking, cracked concrete. We work with residents all throughout the Greater Cleveland area, including: Maple Heights, Beachwood, Gates Mills, Macedonia, Bath, Richfield, and many other cities nearby! To learn more about our process please visit our concrete repair section of our website here, or if you are ready to have an expert come out and take a look, give us a call!