Mold thrives in dark, moist environments where organic materials are present. This is the reason why basements and crawl spaces are perfect places for mold to grow. Dust mites also love humid environments because they absorb the water out of the air.
The problem: If you have a mold problem in your basement or crawl space, it will affect the comfort and health of your upstairs living space. Mold spores and dust mites can irritate allergies and asthma.
The solution: By fixing water leaks and drying and filtering the air in your basement or crawl space, you can prevent mold growth, eliminate dust mites and improve the health and comfort of your whole house!
Ways we solve mold, dust mite & odor problems
- Waterproof basements and crawl spaces with our industry-leading drainage system, sump pump and vapor barrier products
- Control humidity & filter the air with our ENERGY STAR certified dehumidifiers
- Treat existing mold problems with our Mold Treatment products
- Install waterproof, mold-resistant materials, such as basement wall panels and flooring
Tips for reducing the risk of mold growth and dust mites
- Stop water from coming into your basement or crawl space with an effective waterproofing system.
- Reduce humidity levels. To dry out the air in a basement or crawl space, Ohio Basement Systems can install a specially designed dehumidifier.
- Always use a bathroom vent fan to vent humid air (during showering & washing) to the exterior.
- Remove mold-damaged material (drywall, fabrics, carpeting, etc.) and replace these elements with mold-resistant materials.
- Repair plumbing leaks.
- Make sure gutters & downspouts are working effectively to move roof runoff well away from your foundation.
Get effective mold, dust mite, and odor solutions today
If you have a mold problem caused by water or moisture in your basement or crawl space, Ohio Basement Systems offers proven waterproofing, moisture control and mold treatment solutions for homes in Cleveland, Akron, Strongsville and throughout Ohio. We’ll recommend the solutions that are right for you. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and estimate!