Preventing leakage through cracks in basement and foundation walls
When water starts to leak through your basement walls or floors, it can quickly lead to a very serious flood in your home. Ohio Basement Systems understands how all different types of basement leaks are caused, which is why we provide a variety of repair products and techniques to handle every source of wall and floor leaks.
To get a free estimate on basement leaking solutions and crack repair services, call us or click below! We offer basement crack repair and basement waterproofing in Cleveland, Akron, Strongsville and throughout Ohio.
Our basement leak and crack repair solutions
Once the crack is sealed, a hidden, foam-lined channel directs water leakage to the waterproofing system.
- Floor cracks: Water can rise directly through the porous concrete of your floor slab, a problem that’s exacerbated when there’s a crack. When you have water coming through the floor, the first step is installing a perimeter drain system. We can also install a direct drainage channel, which will help direct any water that comes through the crack into the drain and your sump pump. Finally, we will backfill the crack with stone and cover it with fresh concrete to prevent future leaks.
- Wall cracks: The soil around your foundation is filled with water, and even the smallest crack will allow this groundwater to seep into your basement. Much like with floor cracks, the first step to repairing a leaky wall crack is installing one of our drainage systems. We then use an innovative polyurethane sealant to seal the crack. This flexible sealant will never dry or crack and can flex to the natural movement of your foundation wall, ensuring a completely waterproofing seal.
- Leaky windows: Window frames break down over time, creating separation and allowing water to seep past seals. Once again, the first step for repairing window leaks is a drainage system that funnels the water to your sump pump. We will then create a small hole in the wall under the window with a plastic fitting that directs any water into the drainage system. This is then sealed with a polymer injection for a clean, waterproof finish.
Advantages of Wall Crack Repair
- Warrantied repair available from your dealer.
- Can’t leak or reopen like mortar-based repairs.
- Permanently stops water leakage through basement wall cracks.
- Compatible with BasementGutter™ perimeter drainage system.
How Basement Wall Crack Repair works
Basement wall crack repair is actually a three-part process that begins with the application of a flexible sealant along the full length of the crack. Next, a strip of flexible and porous foam is installed over the crack.
Finally, an impermeable membrane is adhered to the wall on both sides of the foam strip. This fail-safe treatment allows any future seepage of water through the crack to move invisibly down the wall and into the basement’s perimeter drainage system.
Unlike sealant or mortar-based crack repair, the wall crack repair system is not adversely affected by hydrostatic pressure or slight movement in the basement wall. It works under all conditions.
Repair your leaking floor and wall cracks today!
Water can enter your home at any point where there is an opening in the foundation. This includes not only cracks in the walls and floors, but around pipes as well. Our floor crack and leaky window solutions provide lasting results that are compatible with your perimeter drainage system and will not crumble, flake off your walls, or fail due to the natural expansion and shrinking of the concrete.
Call the basement waterproofing experts at Ohio Basement Systems today to get started on your crack repair with a free estimate. We offer all our services in Cleveland, Akron, Strongsville, Mentor, Cuyahoga Falls, Elyria, Lakewood, Lorain, Youngstown, Westlake and throughout the surrounding areas.
View more Basement Waterproofing Solutions