Concrete Floor Repair
Your home is your safe haven, but it can quickly become dangerous if the concrete floor supporting your house starts showing signs of cracking and sinking. This is not just about aesthetics; the condition of your interior concrete floor can pose severe safety risks.
Fortunately, with Ohio Basement Systems’ specialized concrete lifting process, this challenge is a thing of the past. Our cutting-edge SettleStop™ PolyRenewal™ polyurethane foam injections lift and stabilize concrete floors, ensuring your home’s safety.
As the leader in concrete lifting solutions in Northern Ohio, homeowners trust us for personalized customer care and an effective concrete floor repair process.
This page guides you through the signs of concrete problems, the benefits of repair, and why our solution is the best choice for your home and peace of mind.
What is Concrete Floor Repair?
Concrete floor repair involves restoring and reinforcing interior slab floors that have suffered cracks, sinking, or other damage.
We do not recommend mudjacking, repouring, or DIY repairs like self-leveling concrete. These temporary solutions do not address the source of the problem, resulting in further damage and costly repairs.
Modern techniques such as concrete lifting can address underlying issues like unstable soil or oversaturation. This involves injecting a lightweight polyurethane foam underneath the concrete to fill voids and raise the slab.
This process isn’t just about the floor itself. At Ohio Basement Systems, concrete floor repair is part of our whole-home approach to solving foundation problems and creating a healthy home.
If we determine that foundation problems caused your concrete floor damage, we recommend foundation repair solutions such as one of our foundation pier systems. Slab piers, in particular, are designed for homes with slab foundations.
Signs Your Concrete Floor Needs Repair
If you notice any of these signs on your concrete floors, repair is likely needed:
- Visible concrete cracks
- Sloping or sinking sections of the floor that appear uneven
- Hollow sounds when tapping or walking on the floor
- Pooling water or dampness in specific areas
- Noticeable gaps between walls and the floor
Understanding when you need concrete floor repair can make a significant difference in the longevity and safety of your home. Contact Ohio Basement Systems when you notice these or other problems.
Is Concrete Floor Repair Necessary?
Yes, repairing a cracked and uneven concrete floor is necessary.
Delaying repairs worsens problems as underlying soil shifts and moisture seeps under the concrete. This can cause tripping hazards, continued cracking, and potential structural damage.
Promptly repairing concrete floors and avoiding mudjacking and DIY solutions prevents further deterioration and saves money.
Ohio Basement Systems’ innovative concrete lifting system stabilizes the underlying soil for a long-lasting solution. Our other solutions, such as slab piers, tackle foundation issues at the root cause.
What Are the Benefits of Concrete Floor Repair?
Repairing cracked, uneven concrete floors results in several benefits, including:
Safer Living Environment
Lifting and stabilizing sunken concrete eliminates trip hazards and creates a safer environment for everyone. Repairing your floors brings peace of mind.
Our concrete lifting process smooths out cracked and uneven floors, improving aesthetics. We restore the sleek look of your home or garage’s concrete.
Enhanced Property Value
Repairing damaged concrete floors protects your investment and enhances property value by creating an attractive, pristine floor. Homes with damaged concrete floors are more difficult to sell.
Our proprietary PolyRenewal™ foam system delivers durable results, unlike basic DIY options. Specially engineered for concrete lifting, our products provide long-term stabilization you can trust.
Choose Ohio Basement Systems’ proven lifting products and professional installation to experience the full benefits.
How We Install Concrete Floor Repair
Ohio Basement Systems’ crews follow a precise step-by-step process when installing PolyRenewal™ concrete floor repairs:
- Drill small, penny-sized holes in the affected areas of the concrete floor.
- Insert injection ports into the holes.
- Mix the two-part, closed-cell polyurethane foam.
- Inject the foam beneath the slab.
- Allow the foam to expand, fill voids, and cure within 15 minutes.
- Ensure the proper stabilization of the slab floor and underlying soil.
- Remove the injection ports and patch the holes.
- Seal joints and cracks to prevent moisture damage.
- Schedule regular maintenance to ensure lasting repairs.
Your home may instead require foundation repair solutions. Visit our Slab Pier page to learn more about the pier installation process.
As Northern Ohio’s authority in concrete and foundation repairs for more than 20 years, our experienced crews properly assess and repair your home’s concrete floors. Trust our team for the best installation experience.
Why Our Concrete Floor Repair is the Best Choice for Your Home
Ohio Basement Systems’ PolyRenewal™ concrete lifting system stands at the forefront of concrete floor repair because of its unique features and advantages:
- Unmatched Accuracy: The PolyRenewal™ method guarantees precision when lifting and securing concrete floors.
- Non-Invasive Installation: Our system eliminates the need for hassles like heavy equipment and extensive digging.
- Lightweight Material: Our foam is significantly lighter, unlike other materials commonly used in mudjacking or concrete repouring.
- Fast Results: The foam solution cures in 15 minutes, saving time and minimizing disruptions and downtime.
- Durability: It stands strong against environmental challenges, providing a long-lasting solution.
- Versatility: Our system can be applied to many concrete surfaces, catering to your specific needs.
- Environmentally Friendly: We take pride in using non-toxic, sustainable, and enduring materials that will not wash out or leach harmful chemicals into your soil or home.
- Seamless Integration: Our repairs seamlessly blend with the existing environment, offering a discreet solution.
- Ongoing Protection: Our commitment to quality is evident in our annual maintenance plans, ensuring long-lasting excellence.
Repairing your concrete floor is an essential investment for your home. Ohio Basement Systems makes sure the repairs are impeccably executed the first time.
Contact Ohio Basement Systems for Concrete Floor Repair Today!
If you’ve got cracked, sinking, or uneven concrete floors, the professionals at Ohio Basement Systems are here to help. We’ll complete a thorough, free inspection and recommend customized repair solutions to fix your floors and prevent future damage.
With more than 20 years as Northern Ohio’s trusted concrete repair experts, our technicians know exactly what to look for in damaged floors and how to repair them. We’re dedicated to providing excellent service and quality solutions so you can feel good about your home again. Don’t put up with unsafe, damaged concrete any longer.
Common causes of concrete floor damage—such as cracking and sinking—include soil instability, foundation settlement, soil saturation, freeze/thaw cycles, improper installation, and ground movement. Ohio Basement Systems’ experts thoroughly evaluate your home during a free inspection to determine the source of the issue and recommend appropriate repairs.
While filling and covering floor cracks is tempting, we urge you to avoid doing so. Filling these cracks conceals the cosmetic appearance and progression of underlying issues, without addressing the root cause, leading to more damage. Professionals like Ohio Basement Systems are equipped to repair damaged concrete floors and apply the appropriate solutions. Contact us for a free inspection and estimate.
Routine inspections and annual maintenance help ensure concrete stability and avoid cracking. Proper drainage and basement water management solutions also help. Contact us to learn more and to schedule a free inspection. Our experts can provide guidance on proactive measures to protect your concrete floors from further issues.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more solutions
1 Marion Ave, Suite 309
Mansfield, OH 44903
7950 Bavaria Rd.
Twinsburg, OH 44087
159 Crocker Park Blvd, 4th floor
Westlake, OH 44145
35475 Vine St, Suite 216,
Willowick, OH 44095
8531 Market St.
Youngstown, OH 44512