Your home must be built on a stable foundation to ensure both its structural integrity and the safety of your family. Any foundation settling can put what matters most at risk.
It’s important not to delay inspecting and repairing any damage, such as drywall cracks or sticking windows and doors. Many homeowners in Central and Southern Ohio face such problems, but there is a solution.
Ohio Basement Systems’ SettleStop™ Push Piers are the ultimate solution, designed to permanently stabilize and potentially lift your foundation. We are a trusted leader in foundation repair and offer comprehensive solutions to keep your home safe and secure.
This page will guide you through what push piers are, why they are necessary, and the advantages of choosing our products and services.
What Are Push Piers?
Push piers are steel structures that are mechanically driven into the soil beneath your home’s foundation. These piers are installed deep into the ground, bypassing expansive soils until they reach bedrock or steadier load-bearing strata. This provides a stable support system for your foundation.
Push Piers are sometimes called resistance piers because they are driven into the ground until they meet resistance.
Push Piers are part of a whole-home solution that includes other foundation, basement, crawl space, and concrete repair methods. This comprehensive and permanent solution ensures the long-term structural integrity of your home.
Signs You Need Push Piers
Push piers are typically needed by homeowners when there are clear indications of foundation settling. These indicators may include:
- Cracks in foundation walls
- Drywall cracks
- Drywall nail pops
- Uneven floors
- Floor gaps
- Sticking windows and doors
- Brick cracks
- Cracking and leaning chimneys
Ignoring these signs can lead to worsening problems that will cost more to repair in the long run. It is imperative to contact a local foundation repair specialist, such as Ohio Basement Systems, to prevent further damage.
Are Push Piers Necessary?
,! Delaying foundation repair can worsen issues such as foundation settlement, which can cause more extensive and costly damage over time. Our whole-home solution approach includes push piers as a crucial element to stabilize your foundation and potentially lift it back to its original position. Acting sooner rather than later can save you stress and money.
It’s important to note that push piers aren’t the only solution for foundation settlement. Ohio Basement Systems also offers other foundation pier systems, such as helical and slab, that may be beneficial for your home. During a free inspection, our experts will assess your unique situation and determine the best option for you.
What Are the Benefits of Push Piers?
Our pier systems are known for their exceptional strength and durability. Each installation is customized to your specific home, ensuring that it can enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Permanent Stability: Push piers provide a long-term solution, permanently stabilizing your foundation.
- Preventing Further Damage: Push piers reach deep below the surface to transfer the weight of the home to stronger soil or bedrock, preventing future settling and damage.
- Potential for Lifting: In addition to stabilizing, push piers also have the potential to lift your foundation back to its original position, eliminating cracks and gaps caused by uneven settling.
- Tailored Support: Our piers are installed to precise depths based on your home’s unique needs, providing tailored support. With our proprietary galvanized steel piers, you get superior strength and longevity.
- Comprehensive Structural Repairs: We combine push piers with our suite of proprietary solutions, including wall reinforcement and basement waterproofing measures for complete foundation stabilization.
- Long-term Warranty: Our push piers come with a comprehensive warranty that is guaranteed for the life of the structure.
It is essential to use Ohio Basement Systems’ proprietary push piers to take full advantage of the benefits of foundation repair. Our specialized products and services are developed with the homeowner in mind and provide superior advantages over generic products.
How We Install Push Piers
Our technicians are certified and follow a precise installation process with the following steps:
- Excavate down to the footer of the home
- Attach a special footing bracket
- Assemble pier sections
- Mechanically push pier sections into the ground
- Monitor depths and capacities
- Cap off the piers
- Transfer the load to more stable soil
- Place rivets in exterior walls as benchmarks
- Backfill and restore excavation sites
Ohio Basement Systems is the top choice for professionally installed push piers. As a leading foundation repair provider in Ohio, we have the necessary expertise to integrate the pier solutions that meet your home’s specific needs.
Why Our Push Piers Are the Best Choice for Your Home
Our SettleStop Push Pier System stands out because of the following features:
- Industry-leading steel quality
- External sleeve for added strength
- Below-grade solution that is not visible after installation
- Benchmark installation and check-up
- Comprehensive lifetime warranty for protection
- Opportunity to subscribe for an annual maintenance service plan
- Year-round installation available
Contact Ohio Basement Systems for Push Piers Today!
To avoid further damage to your home caused by foundation settlement, it is important to take action right away. Delaying repairs can worsen the damage over time.
Get in touch with Ohio Basement Systems to schedule a free inspection without any obligation. Our push piers are a reliable solution that can permanently stabilize your foundation and potentially lift it back to its original position.
We are committed to providing excellent customer service and high-quality solutions, and homeowners throughout Central and Southern Ohio trust us for their foundation repair needs. Call us today!
The cost of the project will vary depending on factors such as the extent of damage and number of push piers required. During a free inspection with Ohio Basement Systems, our experts will evaluate the need for piers, provide you with a detailed breakdown of costs, and offer financing and payment options.
The timeline for installation varies and is based on the severity of the problem, location of installation, and number of push piers required. An Ohio Basement Systems inspector will give you an accurate project schedule during a free inspection appointment.
We excavate small areas around the foundation to reach the footer in a strategic manner. After installation, we restore these areas to minimize any disruption to your landscape. Contact Ohio Basement Systems for a free inspection and more information.