Slab foundation settlement poses the same risk of damage as both basement and crawl space foundations. It’s important not to ignore noticeable cracks or uneven floors, as slab settlement indicates your home’s safety and structural integrity are compromised.
Ohio Basement Systems offers the perfect solution: SettleStop™ Slab Piers. As experts in foundation repair, we provide this permanent and warrantied method to stabilize your home.
This page provides valuable insights on why slab piers are a necessary and effective solution for your foundation problems.
What Are Slab Piers?
Slab piers are specialized components for repairing foundations. They are designed to permanently stabilize settling slab foundations, preventing future settling and ensuring your property resists shifting or expansive soil.
These piers act as stable columns that transfer the weight of your home down to more stable ground, providing stability and potentially lifting the house back to its original position.
In addition to slab piers, a comprehensive approach to maintaining your home’s structural health may include basement waterproofing. Therefore, slab piers are an essential component of such an approach that ensures the longevity of your home.
Signs You Need Slab Piers
If you notice any of the following symptoms in your home, it may indicate a need for concrete slab foundation stabilization:
- Visible floor cracks
- Cracks in drywall
- Drywall nail pops
- Uneven or sloping floors
- Doors and windows that stick
- Gaps between floors and walls
These indicators may seem only aesthetic at first glance. However, they are warning signs of a deteriorating foundation that should not be ignored.
As soon as you notice a problem, contact local foundation repair professionals like Ohio Basement Systems.
Are Slab Piers Necessary?
Ignoring signs of a settling foundation won’t make the problem go away. It will only make it worse. Repairs become more extensive and costly as the foundation continues to weaken.
Acting early with slab pier repair can prevent further damage and provide peace of mind. It’s a critical part of a whole-home solution that saves money and preserves your home’s value in the long run.
At Ohio Basement Systems, we understand that every home is unique and requires its own repair plan. That’s why we offer a variety of personalized repair solutions. Even if slab piers aren’t the ideal solution for your home, we’ll recommend exactly what your home needs to remain safe, stable, and protected for the years ahead.
What Are the Benefits of Slab Piers?
At Ohio Basement Systems, we take pride in our piers and their unmatched strength and longevity. We customize each installation to fit your home, so you can enjoy a variety of benefits, such as:
- Stop and Prevent Further Settling: Our slab piers prevent additional settling by transferring the weight of the structure through the piers onto stable soil or bedrock.
- Potentially Lift Settling Sections: We strategically install piers to try to lift settled areas of the slab back into position.
- Long-term Stability: Our slab piers provide a permanent solution, ensuring your home remains stable for the long term.
- Enhanced Home Value: A stable foundation is a significant selling point, making your home more attractive to potential buyers.
- Comprehensive Warranty: Our slab piers come with a transferable lifetime warranty, giving you peace of mind.
At Ohio Basement Systems, we offer proprietary solutions and expert services that provide optimal foundation benefits.
How We Install Slab Piers
- Our experts conduct a comprehensive inspection.
- We remove the affected flooring.
- We auger a hole through the slab to expose the footing.
- We insert a bracket under the footing.
- We extend the pier sections into the ground.
- We monitor the pier depths and capacities.
- We cap off the pier.
- We place a bracket on the slab.
- We transfer the weight of the home onto the pier.
- We pour cement into the hole and ensure a smooth finish.
At Ohio Basement Systems, we are the leading foundation repair company in Central and Southern Ohio, and we take pride in our expertise in installing slab piers. If you want to install slab piers, Ohio Basement Systems is the best choice for you.
Why Our Slab Piers Are the Best Choice for Your Home
Our SettleStop™ Slab Piers offer several advantages beyond those mentioned earlier:
- Designed specifically for slab foundations
- Customized to meet your specific needs
- Features an exclusive design to maximize stability and lifting power
- Backed by a comprehensive lifetime warranty
- Supported by annual service and maintenance plans
Contact Ohio Basement Systems for Slab Piers Today!
It is important to repair any foundation damage, no matter how big or small it may seem. This will help ensure the stability of your home and the safety of your family.
To get started, contact Ohio Basement Systems today for a free, no-obligation inspection. Our slab pier solution will permanently stabilize your foundation and protect your home’s structural integrity. You can trust us for your foundation repair needs, thanks to our exclusive piers, quality installation, and lifetime warranty.
The number of piers needed for slab repair will depend on factors such as the extent of the damage. If an inspector from Ohio Basement Systems determines that slab piers are the appropriate repair solution for your home, they will review all the project specifics with you, including the number of piers needed.
Our experienced crews can typically install slab piers in 1-2 days, depending on the number of piers required. Please contact us for a free inspection to learn more about the installation process.
The cost of slab piers will depend on factors such as the severity of damage and the number of piers required. For a free inspection that includes recommended repairs, transparent pricing, and an accurate cost breakdown, please contact Ohio Basement Systems.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more solutions
1 Marion Ave, Suite 309
Mansfield, OH 44903
7950 Bavaria Rd.
Twinsburg, OH 44087
159 Crocker Park Blvd, 4th floor
Westlake, OH 44145
35475 Vine St, Suite 216,
Willowick, OH 44095
8531 Market St.
Youngstown, OH 44512